Wednesday 2 April 2008

Q & A

So, in case you haven't guessed the mini-quizz on the post below, yes, it's The Beatles. No prizes for this one, I'm afraid.


Anyway, I think I should clarify in a more... um, clarifying way, what the purpose of this blog really is. You see, for years the mere vision or mention of Mr. Starr was a kind of baffling one. I mean, he's the odd one out, isn't he? And yet, the world would have been a poorer and sadder place without him. Being a sort of cinema buff, once in a while I would happen to catch or watch a film in which he STARRed in. And most of the time, he wasn't to be found amongst the best examples of the 7th Art, as it has come to be called. In fact, he's been in quite a number of cinematic misfires. The ones that are so off the beaten track that they cannot help themselves turning into cult classics. Just the kind I happen to love, actually.


So, what I'm trying to say is that my real appreciation for his talents came from watching those very same movies. And just like the world we live in, they would have been a lot poorer and sadder without Mr. Starr STARRing in them. I'll cut to the chase: for the duration of this blog, I will try to make my readers aware that Ringo (if he doesn't mind me calling him that) has had one of the most peculiar film careers ever and we're all the ones who should be thankful for that. Putting a little bit of fun in everything he touches. That's one of the main reasons I'm his fan.


Oh, and occasionally you can also expect to find some reviews of mine for his solo albums (also a most peculiar side to his overall career). And since I'm still a long way until I see each and every one of his movies and listen to each and every one of his albums, this blog will be just an adventure for me as it will be (maybe) to you, the reader. Are you up for the ride?


I leave you with the poster of a quite obscure movie that I will talk in more detail next time (and one I still haven't watched yet, though I'm dying to!).

0 comentários: