Sunday 27 April 2008

OST - Part One

Hello there! Missed me? Of course you all did! Want to know more about Ringo? Guessed you would! So here goes nothing.

Today, I'm going to sort of provide enough info and links to the soundtracks of most of Ringo's filmography. Am I up for the task? Well, that's what we are going to find out very, very soon.

Starting with The Beatles output, you can easily find them on any Amazon shop. Here are the links for Hard Day's Night, Help!, Magical Mystery Tour, Yellow Submarine and Let It Be. Worth noting that these last two albums have alternate versions: here is the link for the former and the one for the latter.

As for Candy, as far as I know, there hasn't been any re-release on CD, although there definitely was one on LP format. Here is the link to a wonderful site I'll be linking more on this and other future posts that proves just that. Check out the cover artwork for the various LP releases too. Soundtrack Collector is a wonderful reference site for anyone even vaguely interested in Music written for the Cinema. Moving on, we have a tricky one. The Magic Christian did have a LP soundtrack release but sadly, there's been no sign of it on CD until now. Here's the link that proves it. However, if you want to listen to some of the songs written for it, you can find them at the Badfinger album, Magic Christian Music. Apparently, Paul McCartney was involved in it too, so I guess this is Beatles' completist heaven for some. Not for me, though.

Anyway, now that we've covered the 60's period and given you enough to google by, I promise to write about the 70's soundtracks tomorrow but before I leave, here's some more Ringo for thought (yup, I'll be talking about the movie this picture was taken from in the future as well, don't you worry):

0 comentários: